Wednesday, March 4, 2009

oh no, she did it again

Every time I think that my sweet Hula could never do a naughty thing again, she pulls a move like she did today. I go to pick up Chris from work and figured that since Hula had gotten plenty of exserse that she'd be tuckered out and just nap while I was gone. Boy was I wrong. In past posts I established that she likes yarn. Well, today she didn't just go after a ball of yarn, she went after a work in progress. My almost complete anthropology cardigan. She chewed through the cord of my circular needles. Luckily the yarn is very woolly it stayed in form without unraveling. Now I have to get another pair of size 10.5 29 inch long needles and repair the damage. It's a good thing Hula is so darn cute.

So because this was so depressing I couldn't bring myself to take any picture.

In more positive news, we got extended cable back. I watched my first Daily Show and Colbert Report (not on the computer) in almost a year. That man is genius. And last night's Daily Show was particularly good, with Sandra Day O'Connor as a guest. She is one classy lady, one of my real life heroes. First woman justice, most moderate justice on the court for about 25 years (read 'swing vote'). At a time when women were first leaving the homes and entering the workplace, she was an amazing example of what powerful and professional contributions to the business community women could be. And now, almost eighty and retired, she is still hard at work trying to teach American students about civics and government. An admirable lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment